I live in one of the places in our country that is experiencing spring weather. Gosh, it has been gorgeous this week... my apricot trees look like they are covered in popcorn. Here's a couple shots:
And the peach trees aren't very far behind:
I am SO happy to see these buds on the trees, even though I know that we'll probably not get much fruit. Between the birds and the squirrels, we'd have to stand guard 24/7 to protect the crop.
Monday evening Goofy and Gracie ate a whole bag of Hershey Kisses with Coconut Cream filling. I knew something was up the minute I walked in the door - Goofy tells on himself by going to stand in the corner by the front door and he won't look at me. Jeez it made me mad; I had just opened the bag and only had 3 of them before I went out for awhile, and I put it way back on the breakfast bar. I admit, I didn't even think of the thing about dogs and chocolate until the middle of the night. See, Goofy was buzzing from the chocolate (the theobromide in the chocolate is a stimulant - and the content is much higher for dark and baker's chocolate). We were up and down all night long - he was hyper. The next morning they both seemed fine, and ate like normal. The only other adverse reaction was that Gracie threw up mid afternoon, and there was a significant amount of blue and silver foil in it... I did call the vet that evening, just for peace of mind, and was reassured that because they weren't even solid chocolate that there was probably nothing to worry about. (good, because I wasn't really worried anyway) It just made me mad that good chocolate went to waste. (probably better than going to my waist, huh?)