1. I've lived in the same town my whole life.
2. I got married when I was 17 years old.
3. We still live in the first house we bought together.
4. When I was growing up, our pets were dogs and parakeets.
5. Since I got married, I've always had a cat.
6. I got two dogs when my son was a senior in high school in 2001.
7. I've worked at a chemical plant since 1990.
8. I don't intend to work till I'm 65 - I will retire early.
9. I learned to scuba dive in 1998.
10. My husband is a scuba instructor.
11. I've scuba'd the Cayman Islands, Turks & Caicos, Belize, Roatan, Utila, Cozumel, the Bahamas, and Bali (Indonesia).
12. My son graduated from Oklahoma State University, majoring in Finance and Aviation Management.
13. I've been using the internet since 1995.
14. I've been quilting since 1980.
15. I'm a 5th generation quilter.
16. I've entered quilts into competition and won ribbons.
17. I have never (and will never) make a quilt on commission.
18. I own 8 sewing machines.
19. My husband doesn't know that I own 8 sewing machines.
20. I learned to knit in 2003 - a friend in my stitch group taught me.
21. I learned to sew at age 9 or 10 in 4-H club and my first project was a dress.
22. I learned to embroider from my grandma at a very young age, maybe 6 or 7 years old. She kept a stack of stamped tea-towels ready for our visits.
23. I also used to trace quilt patterns onto cereal box cardboard for my grandma.
24. I have always loved fabric, thread, yarn, and everything that has to do with textiles.
25. I also love brand new pencils and pens, and empty notebooks waiting to be filled with possibilities.
26. My favorite color is a deep sapphire blue, followed by many shades of green.
27. My favorite food is medium-rare prime rib.
28. My favorite dessert is Chocolate Sheet Cake a/k/a Texas Sheet Cake
29. My favorite singers are Mary Chapin Carpenter and Jimmy Buffett.
30. I've been to 6 Jimmy Buffett concerts, and own every album/CD he's ever recorded.
31. The one CD that always puts me in a good mood is "Cowboy Boots and Bathing Suits", recorded by Jerry Jeff Walker. Its about living in Ambergris Caye, Belize. I've been there 3 times and would like to live there one day.
32. The very best dive trip we've been on was to the island of Utila in Honduras, at Laguna Beach resort. The diving was awesome, the food and the people were great, and our cabana was so... so... Caribbean. :-)
33. When I was just a kid, I wanted to be a park ranger when I grew up.
34. If I could go back and start over, I'd be a marine biologist.
35. My zodiac sign is Capricorn, and I have several Capricorn traits: stubborn, serious, diligent, logical, reserved, and moody.
36. I was born in the Chinese year of the Pig/Boar. Pigs are honest, loyal, sensitive, and dedicated. 37. Actually, I am very affectionate with the people I care about. I'm a hugger and a toucher.
38. I have always tried to be a peacemaker; I avoid conflict at all costs.
39. I prefer Coke over Pepsi, but will drink what's on sale at the supermarket.
40. I learned to read at age 4, and am passionate about reading. I often take 5 or 6 books with me on a trip.
41. I like nature photography.
42. I don't like cold weather, but I think fresh snow is beautiful.
43. I am a self-acclaimed coffee connoisseur. I love flavored coffees and mail order from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
44. I am borderline obsessive about my hobbies.
45. When I become interested in something, I research it to the fullest potential - books, websites, maps, pictures, etc. - the more the better.
46. I can also be an obsessive planner, but I try to squelch the urge.
47. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love fireworks.
48. I wear acrylic nails. Winter colors are red, summer is french-tip clear.
49. In my mid-40's I finally committed to wearing makeup on a regular basis.
50. I collect old quilts, embroideries, laces, hankies, and other vintage textiles.
51. Any combination of these three things: exposure to the sun, consumption of alcoholic beverages, and stress will cause fever blisters to break out on my upper lip; I try really hard to avoid all three.
52. My favorite TV shows are all versions of Law and Order and ER.
53. I think most TV sit-coms are insultingly stupid.
54. I'm afraid of heights.
55. When I was little, I was afraid of the dark.
56. I spent 5 years running a bingo hall to support the parochial school my sons attended.
57. I hate cigarette smoke.
58. I think Starbucks coffee is overrated but I love indie coffee shops.
59. I don't usually re-read books or watch movies I've already seen.
60. My motto is "don't sweat the small stuff".
61. My other motto is "this is just one day... if its bad, tomorrow has to be better... you can get through this..."
62. I cannot handle 7 margaritas.
63. I love to read and collect cookbooks, but I don't like to cook.
64. I like to burn lots of candles, especially citrus, apple cinnamon, and vanilla.
65. I enjoy staying up late, and sleeping late the next morning.
66. I prefer silver jewelry over gold; bracelets are my favorite pieces.
67. I wish I had "classic" taste, but I think I'm more "eclectic" in reality.
68. I've never owned a foreign-made car.
69. I'm left-handed. I knit right-handed because that's how I learned it.
70. I have a wicked sense of humor.
71. I get a flu shot every year because I have asthma.
72. I work the newspaper crossword puzzle every day.
73. I'd like to learn to dance, because I think dancing is sexy.
74. I think I'm addicted to eBay.
75. I make lists, and then often lose them.
76. I hate for people to ask me where their stuff is; how should I know? I didn't use it last.
77. I prefer unscented laundry products due to allergies.
78. I've worn contact lenses since I was 14 years old.
79. I didn't learn to drive a stick shift until I was 23 years old.
80. My all-time favorite car was my Jeep Wrangler. My son totalled it 2 weeks after he got his driver's license.
81. I have a thing for sunflowers.
82. I've learned to not let people coerce me into doing things I don't want to do.
83. I gave my Palm PDA to my husband because it was too much trouble for me to use.
84. If I could re-live the past 20 years, I'd take better care of my body.
85. Even though I love traveling, I am really a homebody.
86. I love a clean house, but I can't keep it tidy. I'm a clutterer.
87. I like cookies that are soft and chewy.
88. I laugh a lot. My husband is the funniest guy I know, and I was first attracted by his sense of humor.
89. When my hair is long, I usually french-braid it or wear a pony-tail.
90. I don't like cell-phones. Who really needs to be that available?
91. I think Christmas is too commercialized.
92. I don't like romance novels or science fiction.
93. I've never broken a bone.
94. I am really good at reading maps and finding places.
95. I'm shy when I'm in a large group of people I don't know.
96. I admire strong, gutsy women who say what's on their mind.
97. I like people for themselves; not their church, or their sexual preference, or the size of clothes they wear, or their skin color, or their political beliefs.
98. I am a terrible liar, so I don't do that very much.
99. I will tell a little white lie to keep from hurting someone's feelings.
100. I don't mind going somewhere by myself.
101. I have a tattoo.
102. I'm glad Al Gore invented the internet. :-)